How to pack your suitcase

Friday, August 9, 2013




ENG: How to pack your suitcase the best? I used to pack all my favorite things and then often faced the problem, that the favorite shoes didn't match my favorite clothes at all or that I haven't thought of a sweater at all.

Meanwhile I pack with the following system: I pick my most comfortable shoes for sightseeing and shopping trips and choose this color matching clothing and I also think about a pair of long pants and a jacket, in case of bad weather. It is best if you choose shoes and bags in a plain color, then you can also pack colored and patterned dresses. For going out I take a pair of heels with me and in the end I look for matching jewelry and accessories.

This year I'm packing my suitcase for a city trip. I am going to Rome for a week. For exploring the city, I'm armed with rivets flat loafers and a trilby hat, which will be perfect against foot pain and sunstroke. In the evening I am going to exchange my casual city look for the cap toe pumps, a tube scarf and a clutch with rivets and I'm ready to throw myself into the nightlife in Rome's Trastevere.
The complete travel set (also the great trunk) can be found at the Deichmann online shop.




DE: Wie packt man am besten seinen Koffer? Früher habe ich einfach meine Lieblingsteile in den Koffer getan und stand am Urlaubsort oftmals vor dem Problem, dass die Lieblingsschuhe gar nicht zu all den Lieblingskleidern passten oder ich gar nicht erst an einen Pullover gedacht habe.

Mittlerweile packe ich mit folgendem System: Ich suche meine bequemsten Schuhe für Sightseeing und Shoppingtouren raus und wähle dazu farblich passende Looks, wobei ich dann auch bedenke immer noch eine passende Hose oder Jacke einzupacken, falls das Wetter mal nicht so toll sein wollte, wie erwartet. Am besten ist es wenn man Schuhe und Tasche in einer schlichten Farbe wählt, dann können farbige und gemusterte Kleider problemlos im Koffer landen. Fürs weggehen kommt noch ein paar Heels in den Koffer und zum Schluss suche ich passenden Schmuck sowie Accessoires raus. 

Dieses Jahr packe ich meinen Koffer für einen Städtetrip. Es geht für eine Woche nach Rom. Für das Erkunden der Stadt bin ich mit flachen Nieten Loafern und einem Trilbyhut bestens gegen Fußschmerzen und Sonnenstich gewappnet. Abends wird der lässige Citylook dann gegen die Cap Toe Pumps, einen Tube Schal und eine Clutch mit Nieten umgetauscht und ich bin bereit mich in das Nachtleben im römischen Stadtteil Trastevere zu stürzen.
Das komplette Reiseset (auch den tollen Koffer) findet ihr beim Deichmann Online Shop.